Air Canada Airlines has widely increased its service to provide all the comfort to the customer. Do you also have a query about the Air Canada flight change? Here’s the list of all the things that need to be taken care of and what’s the right procedure for changing flights.
Air Canada Flight Change Policy in 2022
We often have sudden plan changes, especially during the covid outbreak, followed by the restriction imposed by the authorities. Air Canada came up with flexible changes in the flights. Like every other airline, there’s a policy for change in a flight.
Some important highlights of the flight change policy:
- Air Canada flight change can be valid, if it is done through the official website i.e www.aircanada.com, through customer service, or from the counter at the airport.
- As per policy, you can make changes two hours before the scheduled departure in case of domestic flights and three hours in case of international flight
- In case of flight change within 24hrs of booking, you don’t need to pay any fee.
- But, passengers will be responsible for a fare difference, if the fare of another flight is higher than you can pay the excess amount through your credit or debit card
- And in case of a lower fare, the remaining amount would be considered as future travel credit and you can utilize the amount on your next flight within one year.
- In case of changes made after 24hrs, you are required to pay a flight change fee.
Points to be considered before making flight change
- All the funds from the flight can be reused for future travel within one year from the date.
- Policy to change a flight can be used for an unused segment of the flight and its not applicable in the case of a return flight
- The change of flight is only valid for the flight operated by Air Canada or its rough and express subsidiaries.
Same-Day Flight Change Policy
We understand that you have a sudden change in plan, so air Canada airlines provide you the benefit of a change in flight on the same day. Either you can opt for earlier flights or you can opt for late flights. Here are some rules for the flight change on the same day
- Same-day flight change is not applicable for basic fares.
- In the case of standard or flex fare, you need to pay a certain change fee.
- You have to reschedule the flight either for earlier flights or for later flights as per the calendar date of the originally scheduled flight.
- Change in-flight will also depend on the number of seats available in the flight you are making changes for.
- if changes are made 24hrs before the originally scheduled flight Mileage members do not require to pay any same-day change fee,
Change in Date Flight Policy
- If you are opting for the date change of flight from the existing reservation date, you can do it 2hrs before the departure of the flight.
How to Change a Flight With Air Canada
- Visit www.aircanada.com, and open the “manage my booking” tab
- Enter 6 digit booking reference number or 13 digit ticket number along with the last name of the passenger
- Click on the Find button, to find your booking
- Select your flight route that needs to alter
- Click on the “change my flight” button
- Now you can request for change in time, change in destination, and change the date of the flight as per your preference.
- Choose a new flight option, consider all the factors related to change fee and difference of fare in the flight
- If you opt for the flight with a higher fare, then pay the cost to change the flight with your debit or credit card
- An email will be received to you with new flight details after the payment gets processed
You can change your flight via call
One of our customer representatives will assist you
- Provide him with a six-digit booking reference number.
- Provide him with the change you are seeking assistance with whether it’s related to changing your travel date, changing the time of flight, change with the destination.
- Before booking, confirm with the representative regarding the eligible flights available with Air Canada.
- Consider the fare difference and pay the cost via credit or debit card.
- After the transaction gets processed, you immediately receive an itinerary change email along with new flight details.
Emergency Flight Change At Airport
You can request the change at the airport by following steps:
- Speak to the representative at the airport, provide him with the 6 digit booking reference number
- Asked him to change the flight as per your preference, in terms of change in time, destination, or date
- Confirm if the flight is available as per your preference
- Consider the fare difference and pay the amount via debit or credit card or cash
- If done, check-in flight and they reissue
- the boarding pass for the new flight ticket
Fees Associated With Flight Change of Air Canada
If you are making any changes after 24hrs of booking you have to pay a change fee as per the policy of Air Canada Airlines.
Air Canada fee as per fare type is:
- BASIC: no changes permitted
- STANDARD: 125USD on a selected route
- FLEX: 100USD
- COMFORT: no charges
- LATITUDE: NO CHARGES
- PREMIUM ECONOMY: 100USD
- BUSINESS CLASS: no charges