Alaska Airlines has provided a vast variety of services to their customers and ‘Alaska airlines unaccompanied minors policy’ is one of their services i.e. when a child is traveling alone and to assist the minor from the point of departure to the final destination.
Children traveling alone service is available on both domestic as well as international flights.
How to book a flight for unaccompanied minors with Alaska Airlines?
- Visit the official portal of Alaska airlines.
- Now, you have to enter all the details under the main head ‘Book’ sub-head ‘Flights’ regarding destination from/To, departure date and return date, number of adults, and children.
- After entering all the details click on the ‘find flights’.
- You will be asked if your child is traveling alone
- The next screen is opened, and you can go through the rules, fees, and checklist for unaccompanied minors. Now you have to fill the age of the children.
- After you make the reservation of the seat, you have to fill out the ‘guardian contact form’ online. To complete the process you need the names and contact numbers of the persons who will pick and drop off the child.
- To speed up the procedure make sure you bring the printout of the form along with you to the airport.
Alaska airline age to fly alone
- Children must have reached their 5th birthday to travel alone with Alaska airlines.
- If your child’s age is between 5-12 years, then junior jetsetter unaccompanied minor service is required.
- Your child’s age is between 13-17 years, then junior jetsetter unaccompanied minor service is totally optional as per guardian preference.
- If a young adult between 13-17 years and that child is using unaccompanied minor service, is making the connecting flight with another airline, in that case, rules fees are applicable to both airlines.
What are the fees and restrictions of Alaska airlines’ unaccompanied minors policy?
- For unaccompanied minors whose age is between 5-7 years
- Gate escorts and guardian contact is required.
- Allowed only on non-stop flight departures between 5 am to 9 pm.
- They charge $ 30 for one way.
- Unaccompanied minors whose ages are between 8-17 years
- Gate escorts and guardian contact are required
- Allowed only on non-stop/direct flights departures between 5 am to 9 pm
- They charge $ 50 for one way but on connecting flights they charge $75 each way.
If a minor is a resident of Mexico and traveling alone without their parents then is required to present a signed letter of consent from their parents.
The items must be presented when departing from Mexico such as the minor’s original birth certificate, 3 photocopies of the letter of consent, and 2 copies of the child’s birth certificate.
If your child is traveling alone internationally, a guardian must fill out all international customs forms at the airport.
If a minor is traveling internationally without their parents then is required to present a signed letter of consent from their parents.
Frequently asked questions
What are the things I should know if I opt for Alaska airline’s unaccompanied minors policy while traveling with Alaska Airlines?
- Due to bad weather, minor children are not allowed to travel with Alaska airlines.
- Alaska Airlines will not manage the personal medications of the child.
- While traveling, if a child guest becomes ill firstly they have to contact one of the guardians.
- On the other hand, if a child is severely ill then they call the doctor.
How can I avoid the fees for unaccompanied minors of Alaska airlines?
By using an Amex platinum card, gold 75k mileage plan, and MVP you can waive off the charges of unaccompanied minors.
Do unaccompanied minors get pre-boarding?
Yes, if a child is traveling alone with Alaska airlines then he/she gets a special security briefing(junior jetsetter)and pre-boarding
Do I have to buy a seat for my infant with Alaska airlines?
You just need to inform the Alaska airline prior and you don’t need to buy a seat for your infant if your child is 24 months old.
How much cost do they charge to avail of the unaccompanied minor service?
The mentioned charges will be charged for unaccompanied minors:
- For non-stop or direct flight:$30 each way
- For connecting flights:$ 60 each way