Air Canada Airlines has widely increased its service to provide all the comfort to the customer. Do you also have a query about the Air Canada Flight Change Policy or Schedule Change Policy? Here’s all the information that needs to be taken care of and what’s the right procedure for changing flights.
Air Canada flight change policy in 2022
We often have sudden plan changes, especially during the covid outbreak, followed by the restriction imposed by the authorities. Air Canada came up with flexible changes in the flights known as Air Canada Change Policy. Like every other airline, there’s a policy for change in a flight.
Some important highlights of the Air Canada Flight Change Policy:
- Air Canada flight change can be valid, if it is done through the official website, through customer service, or from the counter at the airport.
- As per policy, you can make changes two hours before the scheduled departure in case of domestic flights and three hours in case of international flight.
- In case of flight change within 24hrs of booking, you don’t need to pay any fee.
- But, passengers will be responsible for a fare difference, if the fare of another flight is higher than you can pay the excess amount through your credit or debit card.
- And in case of a lower fare, the remaining amount would be considered as future travel credit and you can utilize the amount on your next flight within one year.
- In case of changes made after 24hrs, you are required to pay Air Canada Change Flight Fee.
Points to be considered before making flight change:
- All the funds from the flight can be reused for future travel within one year from the date.
- Policy to change a flight can be used for an unused segment of the flight and its not applicable in the case of a return flight.
- The change of flight is only valid for the flight operated by Air Canada or its rough and express subsidiaries.
Same-Day flight change policy
We understand that you have a sudden change in plan, so air Canada airlines provide you the benefit of a change in flight on the same day. Either you can opt for earlier flights or you can opt for late flights. Here are some rules according to policy for the Air Canada flight change on the same day.
- Same-day flight change is not applicable for basic fares.
- In the case of standard or flex fare, you need to pay a certain change fee.
- You have to reschedule the flight either for earlier flights or for later flights as per the calendar date of the originally scheduled flight.
- Change in-flight will also depend on the number of seats available in the flight you are making changes for.
- if changes are made 24hrs before the originally scheduled flight Mileage members do not require to pay any same-day change fee.
Change in date flight policy
- If you are opting for the date change of flight from the existing reservation date, you can do it 2hrs before the departure of the flight.
How to change a flight with Air Canada?
- Visit www.aircanada.com, and open the “manage my booking” tab.
- Enter 6 digit booking reference number or 13-digit ticket number along with the last name of the passenger.
- Click on the Find button, to find your booking.
- Select your flight route that needs to alter.
- Click on the “change my flight” button.
- Now you can request for change in time, change in destination, and change the date of the flight as per your preference.
- Choose a new flight option, consider all the factors related to change fee and difference of fare in the flight.
- If you opt for the flight with a higher fare, then pay the cost to change the flight with your debit or credit card.
- An email will be received to you with new flight details after the payment gets processed.
You can change your flight via call, One of our customer representatives will assist you
- Provide him with a six-digit booking reference number.
- Provide him with the change you are seeking assistance with whether it’s related to changing your travel date, changing the time of flight, change with the destination.
- Before booking, confirm with the representative regarding the eligible flights available with Air Canada.
- Consider the fare difference and pay the cost via credit or debit card.
- After the transaction gets processed, you immediately receive an itinerary change email along with new flight details.
Emergency flight change at airport
You can request the change at the Air Canada airport by following steps:
- Please speak to the representative at the airport, and provide him with the 6-digit booking reference number.
- Asked him to change the flight as per your preference, in terms of change in time, destination, or date.
- Confirm if the flight is available as per your preference.
- Consider the fare difference and pay the amount via debit or credit card or cash.
- If done, check-in flight and they reissue.
- the boarding pass for the new flight ticket.
Air Canada flight change fee
If you are making any changes after 24hrs of booking you have to pay a change fee as per the flight change policy of Air Canada Airlines.
Air Canada Change Fee as per fare type is:
- BASIC: No changes permitted.
- STANDARD: 125USD on a selected route.
- FLEX: 100USD.
- COMFORT: No charges.
- LATITUDE: No charges.
- PREMIUM ECONOMY: 100USD.
- BUSINESS CLASS: No charges.
Frequently Asked Question's
Yes, you can make as many changes to your reserved seat as you like according to Air Canada Airlines Rebooking Policy. The fees will vary depending on the ticket you hold; if you have a refundable ticket, every change will be free; if you have a nonrefundable ticket, you must pay to change your flight.
Yes, you can change your flight date. You may access your account by logging in and clicking on "My Booking". Here, you must enter your reservation number followed by your name. Your flight will now be displayed; click on editing to make the necessary changes to the date, or contact +1-888-526-4112.
Furthermore, you can change your flight date for free, but only if you do so within 24 hours before booking.
Yes, you can easily change or upgrade your seat on an Air Canada flight. When booking your flight, you have the option of selecting your seat. If you failed to choose a seat or did not like the seat assigned to you by the airline, you can choose your seat.
You may change your seat during check-in by logging into your account and clicking on "Modify Check-in", then "Restricted Items", and finally "Confirm." Select your seat on the overview page and click "Confirm seats".
Yes, Air Canada can change your flight due to a technical issue or poor weather. Air Canada constantly tries to give their clients the best service possible, and for your safety, they sometimes cancel flights.
Yes, you can change your Air Canada return flight. You can make the adjustments by logging into your account and proceeding to “Modify Flights,” or you can call +1-888-526-4112 and get your ticket changed without any hassles.
Yes, you can change your name (first, second, or third name) on an Air Canada ticket. All you have to do is call the airline’s customer care and they will modify your name for you. Remember that you must present verification of your name to change your name on the ticket, and there will be a fee.
NOTE: After providing your name to the executive, double-check your spelling.
To change your Air Canada flight with no change fee you have to buy a ticket from any three-tier which is Business class, Latitude, or Comfort on Air Canada.