Air France Check in Policy
Air France offers the benefit of online check in until 30 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight. Check-in on Air France flights is available 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure for international flights and 45 minutes prior for domestic flights. Additionally, you are required to take a printout of your boarding pass after receiving it via email, SMS, or at the airport kiosk. Air France check in policy, allows its passengers to check in through the web, app, or at the airport.
Check in Guidelines
Online check in requirements varies depending on your ticket type and destination. Air France check in with baggage is a must before boarding your scheduled flight. You can check your Air France reservation details online by visiting the website or app. Passengers must check in with Air France before the time of their flight. Go through all the below-mentioned check in rules before flying with Air France.
- Passengers can check in anytime till 30 hours prior to the scheduled departure of their flight.
- Under Air France check in baggage policy, you can carry 1 hand baggage and 1 personal item in the Air France economy cabin.
- In Business class, Premium Economy, and La Premiere cabin on Air France you can carry 2 hand baggage and 1 personal item for free.
- Air France allows passengers for seat selection during check-in by visiting the "Change seat selection" option.
- Air France check in time is different for international and domestic flights.
|Air France Flight Type||Check in Time Limit|
|International||Before 1 hour of scheduled departure|
|Domestic||Before 45 minutes of scheduled departure|
- Avoid the last-minute rush, reach the airport before the check-in deadline for your flight i.e. 1 hour prior for international flights and 40 minutes prior for domestic flights within France and Europe.
- You can cancel your Air France flight even after check in.
- Air France boarding deadline-
- board your flight 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of flights between metropolitan France and Paris-Orly.
- 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure for other cities.
- Unaccompanied minors must check in 30 minutes before the check-in deadline of their flight.
Online Check-In Restrictions
- Unaccompanied minors.
- People with disabilities.
- A person traveling with infants or babies cannot check in online.
- A person traveling with pets.
- Persons traveling on the upgraded seats using Flying Blue miles.
- If you are traveling from Sofia on Bulgaria operated flight.
How to check in on an Air France flight?
Passengers can check in in various ways while traveling on Air France flights as per the Air France check in policy. They can check in online, at the kiosk at the airport, at the Air France ticket counter at the airport, or via mobile app.
Air France online check-in begins 30 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight till the check-in deadline. Passengers can check-in for their return flight as well if it is within 24 hours of the scheduled departure of their first flight. There are two options for on line Air France check in by website or through the mobile app. Below is the step-by-step guide for web check-in.
Web Check in
- Visit Air France's official website.
- Select "Check-In" and fill in the details.
- Ticket number or booking reference number
- Passenger's last name
- Flight number
- Press the "Check in" button.
- After completing online you can select a method of receiving a boarding pass via email, on phone, or at the airport.
During Air France, online web check-in you can add several services to your flight ticket such as
- Check-in for the return flight also if the returning booking is within 24 hours.
- In group bookings, 9 passengers can check in at the same time.
- You can choose a seat of your choice by viewing the Air France seat map.
- Flight change is also possible after check in.
- Add extra baggage to your itinerary.
Through mobile app
Passengers can check in through Air France mobile app 30 hours prior to the scheduled departure of their flight. They can also check-in for their return flight also if it falls within 24 hours of scheduled departure from origin.
- Open and log in to Air France mobile app.
- Fill in flight ticket details.
- check-in through the phone and download their boarding pass.
You can check in as self-service at the airport kiosk on the same day of Air France flight departure within the check-in deadline. It is beneficial to check in at the airport kiosk if you are traveling alone or without baggage. You can take benefit of several services such as
- Changing the flight schedule with the prior flight.
- Change or select the seat of your choice.
- Pay additional Air France fees.
- You can tag your baggage on your own.
- Check-in for a return ticket if flying back within 24 hours of your current flight.
You can check in at the airport ticket counter easily by providing ID proof, ticket, flying Blue card, or flight reservation number.
Passengers traveling in Business class or La Premiere booking class can check in at specific airport counters.
Priority check in counters is available at the airport for passengers flying blue as silver, platinum, or gold members.
Can I cancel my Air France check-in?
Yes, you are free to cancel your check-in on france air flights before the check-in deadline i.e. between 15-90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. You can cancel your Air France check in by calling the customer care service number +1-888-526-4112 or online. As per the Airfrance check in policy, Online check-in cancellation in a few clicks as steps mentioned below.
- Visit AirFrance.com
- Go to the "Check-In" tab.
- Fill in the ticket booking reference number, last name, and flight number.
- Press the 'Cancel My check in' link at the bottom of a web page.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check in after 30 minutes of booking and 30 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
You can check in online through the website or mobile app, and at the airport at the ticket counter or at a self-service kiosk. Online check-in is available till 1 hour from the scheduled departure of the Air France flight and 45 minutes prior to the domestic flight's scheduled departure.
You should arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight for easy and relaxing check-in. You must check in before the check-in deadline depending on the route of travel and ticket type.
40-60 minutes before the scheduled departure is the right time to check in on an Air France flight.
If you are facing an error while checking in online. Clear your browser's cache, or try check-in in with the mobile app. If still, the problem persists you can reach out to the customer care service provider number +1-888-526-4112 for an easy Air France check-in.
Yes Air France check in policy allows you to upgrade your seat easily for extra legroom space or add additional baggage and meal on your flight ticket during check-in.
Check-in through the website or via the app is known as e-check in. You can visit the official website or log in to your Air France account on the mobile app easily and with a few clicks.
You can dial +1-888-526-4112 customer care service number for an easy Air France check in. The dedicated representatives will be there to assist you 24X7 with all your queries. You just need to keep the flight number, booking number, and passenger details handy.
You must reach the airport 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight. As parking your vehicle finding the right terminal checking procedure and boarding takes time. Check in counters get closed between 15-90 minutes before departure of the flight.
Yes, reach before time and complete all the procedures before the checkin closes. Drop your baggage at the "Baggage drop-off" counter before the flight's check in deadline.