Air France offers you travel with peace of mind by providing a refund on ticket cancellation. Before proceeding with the procedure of flight cancellation go through this Air France cancellation policy and its refund policy. You can cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of booking without paying the Air France cancellation fee.
Air france cancelation policy offers you the benefit of affordable and flexible booking. Per the Air France policy for ticket cancellation, you will have to pay a cancellation fee as a penalty. As on canceling ticket a few hours before the flight's scheduled departure.
Air France cancellation policy 24-hour is applicable on all ticket types. Frequent Flyer members or bookings made with travel credit vouchers are not eligible for availing of this cancellation policy. This is not applicable even on group bookings for 10 or more persons. Air France ticket cancellation charges are waived in case:
- You Cancel the Air France reservation within 24 hours of booking.
- Air France modifies the schedule of your flight booking up to 24 hours.
- On flight bookings to and from the United States.
- The flight ticket must have been booked 7 days prior to the flight's scheduled departure.
NOTE: After the cancellation of your flight, a web page will display various alternatives for refunding your money. A travel credit (if available) or a refund to the original source of payment are the two options you can choose from.
Ticket Cancellation Policy
Cancellation fees and charges depend upon the terms and conditions of the ticket you have booked. Cancellation policies vary depending on the ticket type. Guidelines are different for business class, refundable, and non-refundable tickets.
For Refundable tickets, if canceled before the departure of the JetBlue flight all the refunds will be processed back to the original form of the payments. These tickets can also be canceled after your check-in at the airport itself or any other time.
- If you have made the flight booking with Air France, you are free to cancel or change the flight with no change or cancellation fees.
- This service of Air France is available for Fully flex business class ticket bookings.
- Business Class fare type is fully refundable without any penalty.
- This ticket type is non-refundable.
- You will have to pay cancellation fees on canceling this fare type.
- It is the most restrictive fare type on Air France.
When Flight is delayed
- If flight gets delayed for more than 3 hours.
- Air France has a cancellation policy providing refreshments and meals as compensation for flight cancellation.
- You can also request for refund on the unused part of the ticket if you have booked a round trip.
Passenger boarding is refused
- Sometimes Airlines deny passenger boarding in case of no availability.
- Passengers have full right of cancelling the booking If the passenger has already booked another ticket as a connection flight, Air France provides additional compensation.
- As per the Air France refundable ticket cancellation policy, refundable ticket cancellation rules are flexible.
- You can make ticket cancellation even 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- Moreover, Air France domestic flights can be canceled 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight for free.
- Refundable tickets are beneficial for a full refund in case a passenger fails to take a flight even after the scheduled departure of your Air France flight.
- If a passenger cancels a non-refundable ticket, a credit gets added to their Air France voucher. This voucher is valid for 1 year from the date of cancellation.
- The voucher gets the credit for the unused part of the ticket by deducting the cancellation fee from the booking amount of the Air France ticket.
- As per the Air France Cancellation Policy, your ticket becomes eligible for a full refund in case of the sudden demise of someone, immediate injury, or illness.
How to cancel tickets with Air France?
Are you wondering how to cancel your Air France flight reservation? Then you can cancel your Air France flight ticket and get a refund by online and offline modes. You can also cancel your ticket at the airport counter of Air France. Passengers can cancel their international Air France flight ticket 3 hours prior and domestic Air France flights 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
For canceling your ticket online you must keep the confirmation number and ticket number handy. Passengers can cancel their tickets by sitting at their home or office. Moreover, you can cancel your ticket online with ease by following the below-mentioned steps.
- 1. Visit the official website of Air France or the app.
- 2. Press on "My Bookings" and select the itinerary that you wish to cancel.
- 3. Fill in the passenger details and confirmation number.
- 4. Press "Yes" and then confirm on the pop-up notification to cancel your booking.
- 5. You will get a notification for cancellation initiated.
- 6. Fill up a form to claim a refund.
You will get the refund credited to your bank account within 10 days after cancellation.
Persons who are not internet users and don't trust online methods can follow these offline ticket cancellation instructions. You can get the cancellation done easily by reaching out to the Air France cancellation phone number or ticket counter. Visiting the counter at the airport is the best option if you are making changes to your flight or canceling at the last minute.
- 1. Dial +1-888-526-4112 to reach the customer care service number for an easy Air France cancellation.
- 2. You will get connected to a live person.
- 3. Tell your booking number and passenger details for flight ticket cancellation.
- 4. Get your flight ticket canceled within minutes and a refund will automatically be added to your account within a certain time period.
At the Airport
- 1. Visiting at the airport is the traditional method followed mostly by the menials.
- 2. Go to the airport counter of Air France.
- 3. Request for a flight ticket cancellation.
- 4. Provide the reason and request for a refund.
- 5. Your refund will be processed in the same mode of payment within the specific time period.
- 1. Passengers can visit the official website for easy cancellation of their flight.
- 2. You can retrieve and select live chat on the Air France website which is available 24X7.
- 3. Request for ticket cancellation.
- 4. Provide your ticket booking confirmation number and passenger details.
- 5. You will get a notification of cancellation confirmation on your email or registered mobile number.
Air France Cancellation Fees
The cost for canceling an Air France flight is applicable on ticket requests for canceling after crossing the 24-hour risk-free cancellation period. $100 to 500 is the Air France cancellation charge. Moreover, you can cancel your Air France flight ticket without paying a cancellation fee within 24 hours of booking. The price for ticket cancellation varies depending upon the mode of cancellation.
|Ticket Cancellation||Online||Via Phone||At the Airport|
|Within 24 Hours||200||250||200|
|After 24 Hours||Free||Not Permitted||Not Permitted|
Air France Refund Policy
According to the Air France refund policy, you can request an easy refund by contacting their customer care service or official website. If you apply for a refund within 24 hours of booking a non-refundable ticket, you will easily get it. The credit voucher is valid for 1 year and is non-transferable from the date of issue. You can visit the “Manage Booking” section on the official website for cancellation and claim a refund.
- All the tickets regardless of refundable or non-refundable are eligible for a refund if canceled within 24 hours of Air France reservation.
- You will get a refund on the original mode of payment.
- Cash, Credit card, or cheque refunds take 15-20 working days to reflect in your account.
- Refund on credit card payments reflects in the account within 7 to 10 working days.
- Business Class tickets are fully refundable whereas Basic Economy ticket type is non-refundable.
- If you cancel Basic Economy tickets within 24 hours of flight booking, you will get a refund.
- You will get a cash refund only on a refundable ticket type otherwise you will get a travel voucher credit.
- Group bookings are not eligible for getting refunds on cancellation.
Request a Refund
You can request a refund easily and quickly by visiting "My Bookings". If your refund information is not available in this section, you can request a refund by calling on Air France customer care number. It happens sometimes due to many requests. Air France sometimes credits a travel voucher to your account that is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
How can I get a refund from Air France?
- Visit the official website of Air France or the app.
- Log in to your account and retrieve "Manage Booking".
- Search "Refund" and follow the instructions.
- Fill in your ticket's confirmation number and the passenger's details.
- Upload the documents for canceling the non-refundable ticket type.
- To complete the procedure, press the "confirm" button.
Frequently Asked Question's
You can cancel your flight with Air France by visiting the "My Booking" section on the official website or the Air France app. Air france cancellation Policy varies according to the terms and conditions of the ticket you have booked.
$100-$500 is the Air France Cancellation Fee depending upon the conditions of your ticket booking after crossing the risk-free cancellation period of 24 hours. Refundable and Business class tickets can be canceled anytime without paying the charges for cancellation even after 24 hours. For non-refundable Air France ticket cancellations, the Air France cancellation fee is $100 - $400 after 24 hours of booking.
Yes, on canceling an Air France flight booking you get a full refund within 24 hours of booking regardless of the ticket type. You can also request Air France to credit a travel voucher to your account. This voucher is valid for 1 year. You can also request a refund under certain conditions for a non-refundable ticket as well.
You can track your refund status online or by contacting the customer care number at +1-888-526-4112 to track it easily. Otherwise, you can visit the "My Bookings' section on the official website of Air France. Fill in your booking number, and track the status of your refund easily on Air France ticket cancellation.
Refunds are mostly automatically initiated but you can also fill an Air France refund request form online, at the airport, or by using the customer care service. Reaching out to customer care service is the best option to request refunds for your canceled flights.
Air France generally takes 7 to 10 business days to process the refund to your account. Sometimes it takes several weeks to refund your ticket charges uncompliant the Air France ticket refund policy.
Yes, award tickets are eligible for a refund depending on the Air France terms and conditions. An award ticket is valid for the duration of 1 year from the date of issue. After crossing the time duration of 1 year your credit or miles are not eligible for a refund.
Yes, you will get a travel voucher as a refund. You can check for a refund in the " My Bookings' section. In case of covid, your ticket type becomes eligible for a refund regardless of its type on Air France.
Yes, you will get the rest of the price as travel credit to your account which is valid for one year from the date of issue in case the price drops down.
Yes, Air France ticket vouchers are refundable as you get a refund for your ticket fare on a canceled flight ticket. Ticket vouchers are even refundable regardless of the reason for the cancellation of your trip.
email@example.com. this is the Air France customer care service email. You can request a refund on this email to get a refund for your canceled flight or enquire about the status of your refund of the original flight.
Yes, in case air france cancels your ticket. You are entitled to a refund for the unused part of your ticket. You will get a full refund regardless of the ticket type. You will get a refund for the additional services booked with Air France such as baggage fees or seat selection fees.
Yes, you can cancel your flight even after check-in. You can cancel your international Air Fare flight 3 hours prior and your domestic flight 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.