American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor
American Airlines is the best airline for unaccompanied minors with all the spectacular flight services at affordable and pocket-friendly unaccompanied minor costs. American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy is one of its best services. Parents get conscious while sending their children alone on the flight but American Airlines ensures the complete safety and comfort of your child. This wonderful service of American Airlines for minor travel is available for children below 18 years of age to fly alone and traveling without a guardian.
American Airlines provides priority boarding, introduction to the flight attendant before boarding the American Airways, and accompanying the minor until handover to their guardian at the destination airport.
American Airlines UMNR Policy
The terms and conditions for American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor explain all the rules and regulations for a proper guide for parents to send their children traveling alone. Here are the guidelines you must go through before booking a UMNR American Airlines flight for your unaccompanied minor.
- The age for American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor is 5 to 14 years. Consequently, children above 14 years to 18 years can also take the benefits of traveling as an unaccompanied minors.
- Children are allowed to travel only on non-stop flights.
- Unaccompanied minors are not allowed to travel on overnight American Airlines flights.
- Children flying alone on American Airlines Flights should check in 2 hours before the flight departure for domestic flights and at least 3 hours prior for American Airlines international flights.
- Kids between the age group of 15 to 17 years are allowed to travel on connecting flights with American Airlines.
- Parents have to sign American Airlines unaccompanied minor travel consent form for their minors traveling alone.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Age
American Airlines have age restrictions for unaccompanied minors traveling alone. Children below 5 years and require to travel alone are not permitted by UMNR American Airlines if not accompanied by a 16 years old or above. Children between the 5 to 17 age group are eligible to take the American Airlines unaccompanied minor age travel benefits. This facility is optional for children of the age group 15 to 17 years of age to fly alone on American Airlines.
American Airlines Age Restrictions For Children Traveling Alone
- Children below 5 are not accepted on American Airline flights, to fly without parents they must be accompanied by a 16 yrs old adult.
- American Airline Unaccompanied minor service is compulsory for kids between 5 to 14 yrs.
- This service is optional for children between 15 to 17 yrs.
|Unaccompanied Minor Age||Travel Permit||Mandatory Rules|
|0-5 Years||Not Permitted||Not Allowed To Travel Alone|
AA Unaccompanied Minor International Travel
Unaccompanied Minors can fly internationally on American Airlines on non-stop flights for the age group 5 to 14 years. Similarly, unaccompanied minors of age group 15 to 17 can fly on connecting flights with American Airlines through Charlotte, Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (DFW), NC (CLT), Los Angeles, CA (LAX), Washington Reagan, D.C. (DCA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), New York, NY (JFK and LGA), Miami, FL (MIA), Chicago, IL (ORD), and Phoenix, AZ (PHX).
Unaccompanied Minor Fee On American Airlines
|Unaccompanied Minor Flight Route||Fees
|On Domestic Flights||$150||$300|
|On International Flights||$150 + additional charges + taxes||$300 + additional charges + taxes|
Two or more unaccompanied minors from the same family traveling alone on American Airlines are subject to pay an unaccompanied minor charge for once. Moreover, the American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee for children traveling alone without parents depends on the route of travel.
How To Book Unaccompanied Minor on American Airlines?
American Airlines unaccompanied minor booking is very simple and can be done in three modes online, offline by phone, or at the airport kiosk.
Online Unaccompanied Minor Booking
- Firstly, Visit the official website of American Airlines or go to the app.
- Secondly, Select the origin of departure and destination with flight dates.
- Thirdly, select a suitable flight and fill in all the passenger details.
- Then, pay the fees and you will receive AA Airlines unaccompanied minor form to fill on email.
- Firstly, Dial +1-888-526-4112 for connecting with American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Flight booking.
- Then, you will reach out to a live customer care representative.
- Request him to make a booking for your children traveling alone.
- The executive will fill out a form on your behalf and will request you to make payment for booking completion.
At The Airport
Millenials do not believe in online or virtual modes. So, they prefer doing everything on their own for better reliability. Booking flight tickets at the airport for American Airlines for a better and more satisfactory travel experience for your minor is a traditional method. Reach out to the American Airlines helpdesk at the airport, provide all the necessary details and get your booking done by paying the American Airlines unaccompanied minor fees.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Phone Number
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor customer care helps in booking, flight change, or cancellation with ease and in a few minutes. To avail of American Flights assistance, call 1-888-526-4112. Moreover, you can take advantage of other most flexible and comfortable benefits of American Air Unaccompanied Minor services.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Services
American Airlines unaccompanied minor service makes sure your child's safety that the unaccompanied minor gets properly introduced to the flight attendant, avails the benefits of pre-boarding on the aircraft, escort during the flight, and accompany the child till an identified adult comes to pick-up the child whose name is mentioned on the American Airlines unaccompanied minor form. These are the services offered to your child while traveling alone.
Priority boarding is permitted for children traveling alone on American Airlines flights. By boarding the plane prior to others children get the benefit of seat selection depending on the availability as per their choice and comfort. They get to meet the flight attendant and be comfortable.
Parents or guardians have to accompany their children till they check-in for an American flight. After that American Airlines flight attendant will accompany the child to the flight and thereafter. The children are allowed to carry a certain weight under American Airlines baggage allowance. You need to provide a copy of American Airlines' unaccompanied minor to your child for his better and hassle-free travel experience.
American Airlines lounges for kids are present for your child to relax on connecting airports in various city hubs. Your child flying alone can wait at the connecting airport and play games, and relax under the supervision of an American Airlines Business partner personnel executive. They will assist your child to walk around at the airport. The international airports with kids lounges for American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor list are:
- Charlotte, NC (CLT)
- Washington Reagan, D.C. (DCA)
- Miami, FL (MIA)
- Chicago, IL (ORD)
- Dallas Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
- New York, NY (JFK and LGA)
- Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
- Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
- Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Restrictions For International or Connecting Flights
- Unaccompanied minor children between 8 to 14 can travel alone on the long haul, non-stop, and connecting flights.
- They are not permitted to travel on the last flight of the day.
- They are allowed to travel on American Airline partner and Oneworld flights.
Frequently Asked Question's
It is a mandatory activity performed applied by American Airlines for the safety, comfortable journey, and assured trust of parents of unaccompanied minors. A guardian or an adult is allowed to take their minors to the airport till the check-in. Additionally, they are required to provide valid documents for easy check-in, drop off, and picking up of minors at the airport.
- Priority Boarding.
- Extra Time to board the American Airlines flight.
- American Airlines Snacks and Quacker kits for unaccompanied minor kids between 5 to 10 age group.
- Passport of kid.
- Birth certificate.
- Valid Photo ID.
- Contact details of parents and guardians picking up and dropping off at the airport.
- Kid's name, address, date of birth, and contact information.
One-way trip costs $150 and unaccompanied minor fees for AA are $300 for a round trip. The American Airlines Unaccompanied minor fee depends on various other factors. Kids belonging to the same family, between two or more can fly on American Airlines at a single charge.
Are you wondering about the best ways to make an American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors booking? It is quite simple and easy to book a flight ticket with American Airlines. You can visit the official website of AA, or call on 1-888-526-4112 for an easy and quick reservation.