American Airlines Flights
Steps to book American Airlines Flight Online
Know how to do flight booking offline
American Airlines Flight Upgrade
You can easily upgrade from most Economy or Premium Economy fares to the next class of service like Business or domestic first and from most business fares to First Class. Following are some of the features of systemwide upgrades:-
American Airlines Cancellation Policy
You can cancel a flight with American Airlines in case of an emergency or last-minute
change of plans. Although, there is a certain additional cost that you have to pay your
entire ticket doesn’t go waste as you get a part of the value of your ticket back. You
can cancel your flight with American Airlines by visiting its website-www.aa.com or
through American Airlines App.
If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of the original booking you won’t be charged with any fees. The cancellation cost depends on the type of ticket you book. In case of a refundable ticket, fees is not charged by the airlines but in case of a non-refundable one, a specific fee is charged for domestic as well as international flights.
In case of refunds, you get your refund automatically if you cancel your flight within a period of 24 hours of booking it. Otherwise, you have to fill an online refund request form. You can either take your refund in the form of a voucher, or in the original form of payment. You can use the voucher for future travel. The refunds are processed within 7 working days and it may take longer in case of certain situations.
American Airlines provides promotion codes with which you can save a significant amount of money. You can sign up to American Airlines Aadvantage program to receive promo codes in emails. It also offers promo codes on its website that you can check while booking a ticket. Student travelers are also awarded with ongoing promo codes. You can also catch promotion codes by following American Airlines on social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter.
American Airlines credit union is a financial institution formed by a small group of American Airlines employees to help their colleagues. To join you can fill an application and submit it to any American Airlines credit union branch. New members have to deposit an amount of $6 by check or money order. You can apply online at AACreditUnion.org. or call at (800)533-0035 for branch location and office hours.
American Airlines is the founding member of the OneWorld alliance that further has the following airline partners:-
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Malaysia Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- S7 Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines
- Royal Air Maroc
- Royal Jordanian Airlines
Citi Bank provides AAdvantage credit cards that helps people to earn miles. The types of American Airlines credit cards are :-
- AAdvantage MileUp card: You earn 10,000 bonus miles, there’s no annual fee and you can earn two times more at grocery stores.
- AAdvantage Platinum Select card: You earn 50,000 bonus miles, two times more at restaurants and gas stations.
- AAdvantage Executive card: You earn 50,000 bonus miles, Admirals Club membership, and Global Entry.
- AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard: You earn 65,000 bonus miles along with two times more on car rentals, gas stations and cable and satellite providers.
800-321-2121 ( U.S. and Canada: toll-free)
817-786-4304 (Outside U.S. and Canada: Charges apply)
Monday to Friday
7 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. (CT)
Saturday and Sunday
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (CT)
For emergencies, while traveling
U.S. / Canada / Caribbean: 800-901-9150 (toll-free)
Mexico: 1-877-809-2766 or 1-800-891-3818
Other: 918-669-8977 (charges apply)
How to earn AAdvantage Miles
- You earn miles based on how much you spend on tickets and not how far you fly.
- You can earn miles through AAdvantage Elite Status:
AAdvantage(basic)- 5 miles per $1 spent Gold- 7 miles per $1 spent( 40% bonus) Platinum- 8 miles per $1 spent (60% bonus) Platinum Pro- 9 miles per $1 spent (80% bonus) Executive Platinum- 11 miles per $1 spent (120% bonus) *Note: You can only earn miles on airfare and not on government-imposed tax.
- You can also earn miles from Oneworld Alliance as it distributes miles to the frequent fliers on the basis of class your tickets are booked in which are as follows: Cheapest Economy- 25%-50% of flown miles Premium Economy- 100% base miles + 10%-50% cabin bonus Business Class-100% base miles + 10%-50% cabin bonus First Class-100% base miles + 10%-50% cabin bonus
- Another way of earning miles is from credit cards like Citi Card and Barclays.
- There is a signup bonus in which you can earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage Bonus miles $2,500 purchase within 3 months
- AAdvantage miles are redeemable to book flights with American Airlines as well as it’s partners in OneWorld alliance. You can also redeem points while booking online on www.aa.com AAdvantage miles can be used in the following ways: You can book award seats like MileSAAver that are bookable for 7,500 miles for certain one way trips. Due to its low price, there are very few seats available on the flight. You can upgrade your ticket to First or Business class. You can use miles for yourself or for someone else as well. You can redeem miles for car rentals, hotel stays, vacations packages, and retail products. You can use miles on Web Specials that have highly discounted rewards. It is only limited to certain locations.
- Steps to join American Airlines AAdvantage Program It is completely free to join/sign up for the American Airlines AAdvantage program and anyone can have a loyalty account and enjoy its perks. Following are the steps to join the program:- Visit the American Airlines website and click on ‘Join AAdvantage’ Then enter your personal information. It includes your name, date of birth, gender, complete address and pin code, and contact information including phone number and email address. American Airlines also asks you about your travel preferences like your preferred airport and whether you are a window or an aisle person. Then you have to enter the security details like an account username, password, and security questions in case you forget your password. Your account is then ready to use and earn valuable miles for your travel.
- Visit www.aa.com and in the main search bar click ‘Plan Travel’
- Then click on ‘Vacations’. You can book vacation packages on your phone as well.
- There will be a search box in the middle of the page where you can search vacation packages using a combination of flight, hotel,car.
- Then fill your destination and travel dates.
- There will be different prices listed in which the first price is the price per person, the second price is the total for all the people, the third price is the monthly payment if your choose to finance your vacation and the last price is the amount you are saving by booking an American Airlines Vacation.
- In the hotel information, you will see the resort fees and extra discounts.
- Once you select the flight, hotel, and car you will see other parts of your vacation.
- There will be a list of available activities that are mostly priced as per person and others will be priced for a minimum number of people required to book.
- Once you have decided everything you will then be asked to make a payment.
- The price will include taxes and fees but will not include resort fees, checked baggage fees, and parking fees.
- You can make a payment by a credit card, American Airlines Travel Voucher, American Airline's gift certificates, AAdvantage miles and uplift( monthly payment plan)
- You can also add American Airlines Vacations promo code if you have one.