Planning your trip to your favorite destination, and not getting the desired seat can make you disappointed. But do not worry if you are booking through an American airline. American airline’s seat selection policy is one of the best policies for passengers to choose their seats. They give you the authority to choose a seat as per your requirement and comfort. You just have to choose from the available seats and pay for them.
While booking a flight you will see a seat map, and as per the seat map, you can choose your preferred seat from the available seats. So here is the detailed description regarding the guidelines for selecting a seat with an American airline.
What Are the Steps to Check the American Airlines Seat Availability?
You can check if the seats are available onboard by following the steps
- Visit the official website of American Airlines i.e. aa.com
- Log in with the right credentials
- Choose your cabin class and enter the seat map selection to select a seat
- In-seat map or seat layout, you will see the green, blue, orange, and white-colored seat option
- Each color represents the availability and non-availability of seats. Green color represents priority cabin level, orange is the main cabin level, blue shows the available seats whereas white is for unavailable seats
- Once you select the seating option, enter your contact details. In case there are extra fees for selecting a particular seat, do consider that.
How to Book/ Select Seat With American Airlines?
three methods for American Airlines seat selection
Method1: Online on the Official Site
- Visit aa.com
- Fill out the information for flight bookings like number of adults, departure, and available dates
- Choose the flight as per your convenience.
- After choosing the flight, look for a seat as per your choice from the available seat as per the seat map of that particular flight.
- Pick your seat you find suitable for your traveling
- After selecting the seat, follow on-screen instructions if any.
- Pay the price of the ticket from your debit or credit card. If there are extra charges for your preferred seat then the price of the ticket will get pluses with seat changes (if any )
- Your ticket is booked.
Method2: via Phone Call
You can book your seat as per your preference by calling directly on the customer executive number of American Airlines at 1-888-526-4112. They will ask you about booking information and will check the availability of seats. If your preferred seat is available. They will book the ticket and you can pay the fees through the link on your registered email.
How to Upgrade/Change Seat?
There may be instances when you feel like upgrading your seat or changing it to your preferred seat selection. With American Airlines it is the easiest process to follow. By following these steps you can easily upgrade your seat:
- Visit aa.com
- Go to “My Trips”
- Enter first and last name and all other information that has been asked
- Click on “Find your Trip”
- There will be a list of flight options, select yours and click on the “change seat” icon.
- You will see the vacant seats with prices inclusive
- Choose the seat you prefer. Click on continue
- You’ll be redirected to the page to make the payment for seat upgradation
- After payment is complete, you will get a confirmation mail within some time.
You can upgrade your seat to legroom, lie-flat seat and, fast check-in.
How Much Does It Cost to Change Seat Under American Airlines?
As per American Airlines seat selection policy, usually, American Airlines itself assigns you the seat but in case you want to change or cancel a seat for the basic economy then charges start from $9-$13 from each side. For an aisle seat, it cost around $13 and for a middle/center seat it cost around $12. If you want to book the seat in advance then $40 is charged. Starting fee for the Main cabin is $20. In premium economy and first-class, the price starts at around $80. Also, know the baggage policy with each class. These charges apply on all the flights under American Airlines like A321, A319, A320, Boeing 737-800, and Boeing 777.