Traveling with your pets on Delta Airlines flights is easy and safe. Pets are allowed in all cabins(First class, Business & Premium Select) including the basic economy. With Delta, You can Reserve your pet in a cabin or ship in cargo, depending on the pet size. Find all the information for flying with pets, delta pet fee, Pet Policy, and some frequently asked questions about Pet travel with Delta Air Lines.
Pet as Carry-on in Cabin
- The pet carrier should fit beneath the seat right in front of you.
- The gentle or hard-sided carrier have to be leak-proof and also have ventilation openings on either side (four sides for international travel).
- Maximum carry-on carrier measurements depends on your own flight. You have to contact Delta pet center to find out the proper carrier size.
- Your pet needs to stay within the kennel (with doorway fastened ) while at a Delta boarding place (during boarding and deplaning), a Delta airport couch and while still onboard the airplane.
- Pet carrier will count as your one carry-on product. Other than that, you’re allowed to bring one personal thing on the flight.
Shipping a pet with Delta cargo
- A different booking apart from the flight itinerary is needed. Extra charges and fees may apply.
- You can’t book domestic pet travel via Delta Cargo until 14 days Before departure.
- Pets Aren’t guaranteed to be sent on a client’s same airport or flight program.
- You must drop pet in a Delta cargo place at least three hours prior to departure. Pet pickup would also happen at a Delta Cargo place.
- Delta Cargo only takes global pet shipments from famous transport companies.
Carrier Size & Dimensions
For pets in cabin
The size of the delta pet carrier will depend on the plane type. You need to call and confirm about the size of the carrier or you can simply purchase delta approved pet carrier from the airport itself.
For Pets in cargo
For pets in cargo, any size is good as long as pets are able to sit and stand comfortably in the carrier. You can choose from the following dimensions: 27″ x 20″ x 19″ (68 cm x 50 cm x 48 cm); 32″ x 22″ x 23″ (81 cm x 55 cm x 58 cm); 36″ x 24″ x 26″ (91 cm x 61 cm x 66 cm); 40″ x 27″ x 30″ (101 cm x 68 cm x 76 cm); and 48″ x 32″ x 35″ (122 cm x 81 cm x 89 cm).
How to add a Pet to my Delta Flight?
With Delta AirLines, Pets Booking can only be arranged by calling the Delta pet centre.
Does Delta Airlines Allow flying with all the pets?
Pets like dogs, cats, and birds can fly in the cabin. Pet’s must be fit in a small ventilated carrier that fits under the seat in front of you.
Is it safe to ship my pet with Delta Cargo?
It is quite safe and reliable to transport your pet with delta cargo.If the owner is not travelling with pet in the plane or if your pet size is big and doesn’t fit in the carrier, you must ship the pet with delta cargo pet service. For this, there will be a separate flight itinerary for the pet and for reserving the pet you need to contact delta pet center.
How much does delta charge for pets?
On all domestic flights within USA, pet travel fee is $125 USD for each way. On International Flights, fees is $200. Pet travel from Brazil costs $75 for each way.The cost for shipping a pet will depend on pet’s height, weight and the carrier size.
Does Delta AirLines allow pets in cabin on international flights?
Delta accepts pet reservations on a first come – first serve basis. The number of pets allowed in each delta flight is limited to some extent on in number. Delta allows 2 pets in first class, 2 pets in business class, 4 in main cabins, and up to 4 in other economy class.
How do you reserve a pet on a Delta flight?
You can visit the Delta Airlines Reservations website or call its toll-free number to add your pet on your flight. The airline allows a few small pets that can be fit in the cabin on the plane. However, pets with larger sizes can be board in cargo, and you will receive your pet once the flight lands at the destination.