Emirates Skywards is a loyalty program for frequent flyer members of Emirates Airlines. Passengers can redeem these skywards loyalty points or miles during the process of flight upgrade with Emirates or at the time of hotel booking. Also, this is a cheaper way to book an Emirates Flight. The number of miles earned by each Emirates frequent flyer member depends upon the class of your travel, tier status, and travel route. You will make these miles with each flydubai flight.
Skyward Miles are of two types:
Tier Miles – Miles earned while Skywards members book a flight to Dubai with Emirates.
Skyward Miles – Miles gathered on traveling with other Partner Airlines of Emirates Air.
How To Earn Emirates Skywards Miles?
Through frequent traveling with Emirates, passengers earn reward miles on long-haul flights and according to the booking fare class. Luckily, the miles do not depend on the cost of your ticket. Emirate’s official website offers a calculator for the estimation of skywards miles.
- A Frequent Flyer can also earn miles by booking more and more flights with Emirates or its partner Airlines credited to your Skywards account.
- You will not get to see the Skywards award chart anywhere to review the prices of Emirates rewards.
- Passengers can rely upon the Emirates Miles Calculator about how many miles they will earn.
Booking By Credit Cards
- Emirates has two options for a credit card. One is Emirates Skywards Rewards Mastercard and another is Emirates Skywards Premium Mastercard.
- The Premium card has an annual fee of $499 and has 60000 sign-up miles as an Emirates Skywards bonus after using $3000 on purchases within 90 days of registration.
- Rewards Card has $99 as an annual fee and has 50,000 miles as a bonus for sign-up.
- Both the card types get 3 times miles on Emirates Flight Booking, 2 times miles on rental cars, hotel booking, airfare, and 1 times miles on the rest of the purchases.
Earn Miles By Transferring Points on Partner Flights
- Reward points can be transferred from another partner Airlines Reward Programs.
- 1 point is considered as 1 Airline Mile.
- You earn some miles for flying each mile with Emirates.
- The earning rates are completely dependent on the miles while flying.
With Rental Car Partners
Emirates Air partners with various Car rentals to offer a fixed bonus of miles for booking each ride on rent. You will get a bonus of 8 miles on spending $1.
Miles With Hotel Partners
- Emirates Air partners with a lot of hotline hotels and booking platforms to offer airline miles.
- If you use Emirates Credit Card you become eligible for an additional bonus of 2500 miles each night.
From Shopping Portals
Emirate Skywards offers miles benefits over 1500 stores on spending $1 while shopping.
- A person from a family who is a frequent flyer can create a family account to avail of Emirates Skywards Miles.
- The account must contain 8 members including minors and you can select 100% reward miles to credit in this account earned by members.
Factors Affecting the Value of Skywards Miles
Here are some factors Affecting the Value of Skywards Miles that members earn while flying with Emirates
- Route of travel.
- Fare type of booking.
- Class of Traveling such as; Economy, Business Class, First Class.
- Emirates Skywards Membership Tiers; Blue Tier, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
Rules For Emirates Skyward Miles
- Emirates Skyward Miles are valid for three years from the date when miles get added to your account.
- Emirates members are permitted to renew the membership points after accruing 25 qualifying flights or 25000 tier miles by the review date.
- Members can utilize a minimum 2000 Miles value for the purchase of Skywards Miles.
- If your Skywards account has fewer skywards numbers then the payment can be made through a credit or debit card.
- Frequent Flyer skywards points are non-transferable because the name on the account and ticket must match.
- To avoid Emirates Skywards Expiration, buy a Skywards credit card or earn Skywards Platinum Tier Flight Status.
How To Redeem Emirates Miles?
Once you have learned to earn skyward miles, it is the time to know more about Emirates Skywards Points. Apart from the cabin type, you can redeem Emirates Miles with the ease of experiencing luxurious travel. Moreover, Emirates flies from Dubai to various destinations such as Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and North America. Traveling by using miles with Emirates is worth it. Emirates round trip is 2X the cost of a one-way trip. Therefore, if you are planning your travel with miles points, we would suggest you fly just one way with miles.
For First Class
If you book your flight with Emirates First Class, redeeming your miles for maximum bonus points is pretty easy. For passengers who are planning to have a luxurious flight experience booking a First Class flight ticket with Emirates is a great choice. Consequently, you can calculate your miles for each flight by using the Emirates flight calculator on their website. Moreover, Emirate’s First Class is phenomenal.
Business Class Redemption
Emirates Business Class cabin with Emirates provides you a more luxurious and private travel experience as compared to First Class. Let’s get an idea of points redemption on flights from New York-JKF to Dubai between 1 Lacs to 2 Lacs one-way and two-way round trip respectively.
For Economy Flights
Flying with Emirates Economy is cheaper when compared to first class and business class flights. According to a rough idea, Award points on flights from New York-JKF to Dubai are 62,500 miles and 1,25,000 miles one-way and round trip respectively.
Emirates Skywards Baggage Allowance
Baggage allowance depends on the type of Emirates tier you select. With increasing order of tiers, the benefits also increase. Extra Baggage allowance with skywards miles is:
Silver Tier- 12Kg
Gold Tier- 16Kg
Platinum Member- 20Kg
Emirates Skywards Lounge Access
Dubai International Airport has a luxury lounge access for Emirates. A person with Skywards Blue loyalty points can pay to access Dubai International Airport Lounge regardless of the booking class of flight.
Emirates Gold Skywards Members can access the lounge at Dubai Airport for free. Moreover, Platinum Emirates Skywards members access the First Class Lounge for free notwithstanding the ticket type, especially on the a380 Emirates.
Emirates Skywards Customer Service Number
To avail of change, cancellation, or booking Emirates Airlines assistance, call 1-888-526-4112. Moreover, you can take advantage of other most flexible and comfortable Skywards benefits.
Emirates Skywards Partner Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- South African Airways
- Air Mauritius
- South African Airways
- GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qantas – Emirates Skywards Frequent Flyer
- S7 Airlines
- TAP Portugal
Elite Status Of Emirates Skywards Program
- Passengers generally qualify for elite status and to add miles by taking a certain number of flights with Emirates in a year.
- There are four types of tiers in the Emirates Elite Skywards Program. Emirate’s Blue Tier is the general membership.
- Meanwhile Gold and Platinum is the topmost tier with all the luxurious perks such as priority baggage receiving and guaranteed seating even on full flights.
- Every tier offers a mileage bonus. Blue tier being the basic booking class doesn’t offer many benefits.
- Consequently, no excess baggage is allowed, no complimentary seat selection, no lounge access, and even no miles bonus are credited to Blue Tier members.
|Complimentary Seat Selection||——||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Excess Baggage Weight Allowance||——||26Kg||35Kg||44Kg|
|Complimentary Lounge Access||——||Yes||Yes||Yes|
What are the Emirates Skywards Tiers?
Emirates Airlines Policy offers some miles when you fly with them to enhance customer loyalty and comfort. Passengers earn miles while traveling with Emirates or the member flights. You can upgrade your Emirates Flight from Economy to Business Class at the Airport desk, by phone call, or online. . Also, upgrade a flight from Business Class to First Class by using Emirates Skywards Miles. This airline provides discounted Wi-fi in Economy Class. Moreover, in Business or First Class Wi-Fi is unlimited.
Silver Emirates Skywards member gets a 25% bonus on ticket booking with this tier level. Passengers enjoy the benefit of priority check-in & boarding. You get an additional profit from upgrading your seat and changing if you don’t like your neighboring company. 12kg free checked baggage is allowed if traveling with flydubai Flight.
Gold Skywards members earn 50% miles while flying with Emirates Air or flydubai. Priority boarding, online check-in, and guaranteed seat availability even on fully reserved flights with Emirates Airlines. 16kg free checked baggage is allowed if traveling with flydubai Flight.
Platinum Skywards members enjoy additional perks of complimentary lounge excess, extra baggage allowance, and the ability to add family members to automatically become Emirates Skywards Gold members. Passengers earn a 75% bonus Skywards miles while flying on Emirates and flydubai and can refer to a friend also. 20kg free checked baggage is allowed if traveling with flydubai Flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Are Skywards Miles Gets Added To The Account?
The Skywards Miles depend on the route of your travel and destination. Miles get credited to your account in two phases; when you complete your first journey and when you complete your round-trip 9if booked both ways). Moreover, miles get credited on the completion of a journey.
How Can I Upgrade Emirates Flight With Miles?
You can upgrade your booking class with Emirates online, offline, or at the airport. Using miles depends on the route of travel and the destination. Upgrading a flight to Business Class or First Class will require 9,000 Skywards miles.
How To Use Emirates Skywards Miles?
You can visit the official website of Emirate or download the Emirates app through the play store or apple wallet. Then, go to the “Manage Booking” and log in to use the Emirates Skywards reward value.
How Can I Use Skywards Miles For Shopping?
- Carry and show your Emirates Skywards digital membership card at checkout. Keep a digital membership card with a boarding pass and passport to use your Miles while online shopping or at the airport.
- Make the payment entirely with your Miles or use Miles & cash.
What Is The Validity And Age Limit Of Skywards Miles?
The age limit for Emirates Skywards Miles is for 3 years from the time you earn them. Therefore, keep an eye on your Skywards account and be attentive to their expiration. Skywards program is for minors also as the Kids between the age group of 2 to 17 Years can also earn miles on every Emirates and flydubai flights.
What Is Emirates Skywards Customer Care Phone Number?
Emirates Customer Care help in providing information on how to claim Skywards Miles. They provide 24X7 assistance on online booking, seat selection, upgradation of flights, and shopping. You can connect to the help desk by dialing 1-888-526-4112.
Can I Change My Name On Emirates Skywards?
Yes, you can update your information by logging in to your Emirates account. Visit your profile and “Edit” your information such as name, nationality, country of passport issue, or passport number by the “Manage Booking” option.