Want to know about KLM flight cancellation policy? Traveling with KLM airline has an immense number of benefits. They understand your situation and have an excellent cancellation policy for their customers.
All the policies are laid down by taking care of the covid 19 restrictions. Let’s discuss every process that you need to know while canceling with KLM airlines.
KLM Flight Cancellation Policy 2022
The KLM flight cancellation policy states that in the following situations you can cancel your policy without paying cancellation fees and are eligible for a full refund. These are the updated policy of the airline.
- If you booked your ticket through the official website of KLM airlines, you can easily cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking the ticket to/ from the US. This applies to all types of tickets under KLM flights.
- In case your flight got canceled and you decide not to opt for the alternative flight
- If KLM airline rescheduled your flight, but it no longer suits you.
- If you are holding a fully flexible ticket or refundable ticket, you can opt for a full refund as per your ticket conditions.
- In case your flight to Europe gets delayed by 90 mins and you have another flight to catch on the same day.
- Due to being delayed more than 3 hours you have to cancel an intercontinental flight.
- In case, there is a death of a passenger.
- You were denied a visa.
- You were denied boarding on the confirmed ticket.
Note: In case you purchased a ticket via a third party such as any travel agency. Contact them directly to cancel and refund your ticket.
KLM 24-hour Cancellation Policy
Like every other airline, KLM also has a 24-hour cancellation policy in case you are traveling to or from the US.
You are eligible for a full refund under the 24-hour cancellation policy
- Booked a flight to/from the United States.
- Book it online from the official website KLM.us
- Cancel the purchased flight within the 24 hours of booking
- Apply for a refund after cancellation. You will get credit for the refund amount in the selected mode of payment.
How to Cancel a KLM Flight Ticket?
There are several methods to cancel your flight
METHOD 1: KLM CANCEL FLIGHT ONLINE
- Visit the official website of KLM.
- Click on the “MY TRIP” option
- To get back to your flight bookings, you can log in to your FLYING BLUE account or simply use the BOOKING CODE.
- If you choose the BOOKING CODE then you require providing a family name with the code.
- Login with website
- After logging in, you will be redirected to the new page “MANAGE BOOKING”.
- Choose the “CANCEL” option from various options available, to cancel your KLM ticket.
- Various instructions will appear on the screen.
- Read the instructions carefully, and complete the KLM cancellation process.
METHOD 2: CANCEL THE KLM FLIGHT TICKET VIA PHONE CALL
You can cancel the flight ticket by calling the KLM customer service number. An executive will assign you. And as per your request, they all ask for certain details such as name, booking number, etc for the cancellation. After the cancellation process, you will be notified by the airline on your registered email id and phone number regarding the same.
METHOD 3: CANCEL KLM TICKET AT THE AIRPORT
In case the above method fails due to technical or non-technical reasons, you can cancel the KLM flight by going to the KLM ticket booking office or at the airport. Just provide the person with the necessary details and they will cancel your flight.
KLM Cancellation Charges
In case you are canceling your ticket after 24 hours and you are under the category of a non-refundable ticket you have to pay the cancellation fee which will be around $100- $500 depending on the domestic or international flight.
Frequently Asked Question
What if KLM airline cancels the flight?
In case, a flight got delayed or canceled from the airline’s end, you will get the compensation. If the flight gets delayed by more than 3 hours, the airline will bear all the expenses that you have to face. But compensation won’t be provided if the circumstances were out of the airlines control like extreme weather conditions and political instability.
What is KLM’s refund policy after the cancellation?
If you are opting for a refundable ticket or you are canceling the ticket within 24 hours of purchase, you are eligible for a full refund on your ticket.
As per KLM airline, you are eligible for a refund in the following circumstances:
- If the airline canceled the flight
- The airline rescheduled the flight
- In case a passenger died
How to get a refund for KLM’s airline cancellation of a ticket?
By visiting the official website. go through the ticket refund option, enter your booking code and your last name, and then click confirm. Usually, you get a refund within 7-14 business days. In case you have any query related to your refund status call on the number 1-888-526-4112
What is the compensation policy of KLM Airlines?
If your flight got canceled or delayed by 3 hours or more, then you get compensation from the KLM airline. If you face any unforeseen expenses due to a delay or cancellation of a flight, you can ask for a reimbursement. Such as the cost of lunch or phone calls. You can also get a travel voucher. The amount of compensation depends upon the type of voucher.