If you are unable to get a seat of your choice during seat booking with Alaska air travel, don’t worry, picking up your seat is possible with Alaska Airlines Seat Selection Policy. In the first place, it is named the “Best US Airline” for providing great service. This airline has a very loyal customer base. They provide premium services to the passengers to make their travel comfortable and hassle-free. Moreover, passengers get customized travel options such as choosing seats on Alaska Airlines, changing or canceling the flight, upgrading ticket type, adding extra baggage, and a lot more services.
With Alaska Airlines Seat Selection Process you can pick seats as per your preference with minimum fuss to reach your destination with ease and most comfort. Therefore, you can select a seat for suitable seating while traveling with Alaska Airway with the help of a seat assignment map. If you are looking for seat selection on Alaska Airlines, here is all you need to know.
How Do I Choose My Seats With Alaska Airlines?
Each cabin has a different arrangement of seats. Passengers can select seats as per their preference and according to their price range. As a result, you can view how many seats are available for booking at the time of reservation with the help of the Alaska Airlines Seat map. Air Alaska’s seat selection at the last moment depends on seat availability. Moreover, if you are traveling with your pet and want to select a seat for more legroom space. It is very easy to select a seat by viewing the Alaska Airline Seat Chart. In the same way, you can select seats by three options- online seat selection, pre-reserve seats, and seats assigned at check-in or gate.
Online Seat Selection
Passengers can select seats at the time of booking and if you fail to pick seats of your choice. You can select seats online using Alaska Airlines’ official website 24 hours before the departure of a flight. Sometimes people get better seats at the time of online check-in.
- Visit “www.alaskaair.com” on the browser or use the Alaska Air app.
- Select “Manage Booking”
- Fill in all the details, confirmation number, and passenger’s last name.
- View your reservation
- Choose Seat with Alaska seat selection option.
- Pay the cost that is required via various payment options.
- Complete the check-in process and download your boarding pass.
Alaska Air gives an option to choose seats at the time of reservation. Passengers are shown a proper visual seat assignment chart for an easy selection of seats by viewing seat arrangement. This is an advantageous option to book the desired seat and have a comfortable trip with complete enjoyment. Similarly, you can make the selection of seats on Alaska Airlines flights in advance, pre-reserve seats, and travel without any trouble.
At Airport Gate
You can select a seat at the airport gate only if you reach the airport at least 1 hour before the scheduled time of departure of the flight. At times you might get lucky to get a better seat if you reach before time.
What Is The Alaska Airlines Seat Selection Fee?
If you want to select seats on Alaska Air way, it is free of cost. There is no charge for selecting seats while making reservations. If you have already booked the main cabin flight and want to upgrade your seating arrangement to First Class, you need to pay $15 for seat selection. But there is an exception for Saver Fare: it is not possible to upgrade your seat if already booked (this ticket type has a limited seat selection option). The Seat Selection Fee on Alaska Airlines depends on the type of cabin class you are booking. You can book an economy class for free and for a premium class a fee is chargeable.
There are different types of Alaska Air Seats as per the selection of cabin:
Basic Economy or Saver Fare:
A lot of passengers have the most common question in mind related to Alaska Airlines Saver Fare Seat Selection i.e. “Can I Select Seats In Basic Economy?”
- This is the most restrictive type of fare on Alaska Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines allows the passengers to pick seats of their choice at the back of the plane with no selection fee.
- Not many options for seat selection are available if you are making a booking with the Saver Fare Ticket type.
- Passengers are not permitted to make changes to their booking or flight.
- No seat upgrade or preferred seating benefits are there for passengers booking basic economy.
- Minimum food selection and baggage allowance options.
- If you do not select seats, you will get the Alaska Airlines seat assignment at the gate with chances of separation from your travel group or partner.
Main-Cabin or Standard Economy:
- You can choose your seat for free until you want to upgrade your seat to premium class.
- Alaska Airlines also permit changes for free in standard economy ticket types.
- $15 is the charge fee you need to pay for upgrading your flight booking to a First Class ticket type.
- You can select your seat without any charge.
- Passengers have access to the Alaska Lounge.
- Easy modification can be made to flight status: cancel or change flight with no cancellation or flight change charges.
- Get Priority on flight boarding, and early boarding than passengers with bookings on the main cabin.
- Four extra inches of leg space than the main cabin.
Does Alaska Airlines Charge For Seat Selection?
No, there is no charge fee for Alaska seat selection. The best opportunity to choose the seat you need to select for traveling in Alaska is the point at which you are reserving your flight. The more you delay the seat selection process, the less opportunity there is for you to get the seat of your choice. Following are the steps you can follow to choose your seat at the hour of making a reservation.
Do Alaska Airlines Have Assigned Seating?
- Yes, Alaska Airlines have assigned a seating service. You can choose your seats anytime till check-in or at the time of booking.
- However, passengers can Call 1-888-526-4112 Alaska Customer Care after they’ve booked their trip to demand a seat assignment if you have not selected seats of their choice while making the reservation.
- Your seating selection request should be made somewhere around 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Seat assignment service is not eligible for a passenger with Saver Fare ticket bookings.
- You can select seats of your choice by viewing an interactive seat map. To get more information, check the online web portal of Alaska Airlines.
How Do I Upgrade My Seat On Alaska Airlines?
- If you have completed your booking with Main Cabin or standard Economy fare type, and you want to upgrade your seat type to premium or First Class ticket type.
- You can upgrade your seat by paying extra charges of $15 or depending on the route of the flight. Seat upgrade is not permitted in Savre fare fee type.
- You can change your seat type by filling in the details of your confirmation number and passenger details online or with the assistance of customer care.
- You can upgrade your seat at least 24 hours before the flight takes off.
- You can upgrade your booking by making changes through the Alaska website, at the kiosk, or reaching out to the customer care executive.
How Do I Get A Better Seat On An Alaska Flight?
- Alaska Air gives an option of pre-booking via pre-reserve your ticket option as soon as you purchase your ticket. You can select the window, aisle, or seats closer to the front. If you are traveling in a group and desires to get seats together, it is very dicey. You can reserve your seats in advance if you don’t want to face such a situation during your journey.
- You can select a better seat by contacting customer care and requesting seating selection with ease. You can check the Alaska airline seat map and tell the seat number and location to the representative to get the seat of your preference.
- Check in before 24 hours of your flights scheduled to take off and select the seats as per your wish.
- You can also change your seat assignment with Alaska Airlines as per your accessibility.
- Arrive 1 hour before the departure of your flight at the gate and talk to the gate agent for seat selection. People with disabilities can get seats easily according to their accessibility on the Alaska flight.
What Is The Width Of The Seats On Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Aircraft has approximately 17 inches wide seat width i.e one armrest to another armrest in the main cabin. The seat belt length is 46inches if you require a longer seat belt you can ask the flight attendant for an extension of a seat belt.
The seat is 21 inches wide in First Class with a generous recline and comfortable leather seats. Seats in First Class cabins have more legroom space as compared to Basic Economy or Standard Economy. Alaska Airlines provides airplane seat choice based on seat width too.
How Long Before A Flight Can I Change My Seat On Alaska Airlines?
- Apart from Alaska Saver Seat Selection, all other seat types are eligible for seat selection or change of seat/Flight.
- Main Cabin, Premium, or First Class seat selection can be made at least 24 hours before the departure of the flight for free and with no change fee or seat selection fee.
- If you have not selected any seat type in advance you can do so at the time of check-in.
- Just after completing your Flight Booking, view the seat Arrangement Map.
- Pick up the seat of your choice.
- If you are making the booking with your family, friends, or in a group your seats will automatically be nearby.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Alaska Airlines Still Block Middle Seats?
Due to Pandemic COVID-19, many airlines had started blocking the middle seat between the two seats as per the social distancing guidelines. Alaska Airlines were blocking front seats as well along with the middle seat to maintain the distance between the flight crew and passengers for everyone’s safety.
What Happens If You Don’t Pick A Seat On Alaska Airlines?
If you don’t select any seat or do not get any seat at the time of check-in, there is no need to worry. Alaska Airlines will automatically assign a seat to you at the gate. If you do not want to travel on the assigned seat you can request a seat change. You will get a seat as per the subject to availability.
What Does Alaska Airlines Awaiting Seat Mean?
If you are upgrading your seat from Main Cabin to First Class, you will get a seat-by-seat assignment on Alaska Airline. The Awaiting Seats are for the passengers who have checked in but have not received any seats and are still waiting for their seats. On seat up-gradation, you will receive a seat as per the availability.
Does Alaska Airlines Offer Bassinet Seat?
No, Alaska Airlines do not have Bassinet Seats option availability. You need to inform Alaska Airlines about your traveling with an infant while flight booking with Alaska Airlines, only if your baby’s weight is less than 11 kg on the day of travel. Your baby should get fit to the bassinet properly before affixing the bassinet to your seat. This Bassinet Seat is free of charge. You can bring your stroller and get it as checked baggage along with your other baggage items. To add your infant details to your booking call on +1-888-526-4112.