Earlier, passengers had to wait in long queues but with the British Airways check in policy, they can pre check in and enjoy the trip with British Airways check in policy. Passengers have to check in 24 hours before their flight departure through the option of British Airways checking in a mobile app, online, at the airport counter, or at the kiosk as well as they can do curbside check in and get a boarding pass.
With the British Airways check in process passengers can add checked baggage and change their seats. Here is the information about British Airways check in rules.
Check in Requirements
- Passengers can check in before 24 hours fro the scheduled departure of their flight.
- Airport check in opens 3 hours before flight for long haul flights, subsequently, for short haul flights check in opens 2 hours before flight’s departure.
- You must go through the securiy check in 35 mintes prior to your ba flight departure.
- Moreover, passengers must reach at the boarding gate 20 minutes before flight’s departure.
- Unaccompanied minor and person with disabilties on British Airways must check in at the airport only.
- You can use airport check in to reprint boarding pass if your boardng pass is lost.
How to check in for British Airways?
Passengers have the flexibility of easy check in. Moreover, they can add baggage and select seat as per the British Airways check in policy. You can check in by various methods as mentioned below according to your convenience.
Online Check in
- Check in starts 2 hours before flight’s departure till 1 hour prior to the departure.
- On group bookings, you can check in only 9 persons via British Airways online check in.
- You can add extra baggage at the time of online check in.
- Moreover, you can select seats during British Airways check in.
Steps for BA online check in:
- Firstly, visit the official website of British Airways.
- Secondly, go to check in.
- Thirdly, fill in booking refrence number, and passenger details.
- Select numbr of bags or seat of your preference.
- Press Ok and you will recieve a boarding pass o your phone or email address.
Mobile Check in
- Passengers can check in their Ba flights through mobile app available on both IOS and android.
- You can check in easily via mobile app.
- Moreover, boarding pass for 8 persons can be downloaded through British Airways mobile check in.
Steps for Ba mobile app check in:
- Firstly, visit the British Airways mobile app.
- Go to the ‘Manage Booking’ section for check in.
- Select the British Airways flight that yo are traveling on.
- Perform check in.
- Finally, you will recieve boarding pass to your phone.
Kiosk Check in
- Kiosk check in is available on selected airports.
- Passengers can check in through kiosk at the airport within minutes.
- However, this faciliy is not available for unaccompanied minor.
Steps for Ba kiosk check in:
- Visit the kiosk at the airport.
- Keep your booking reference number handy.
- Select Check in option and follow the instructions.
At Airport counter
- Passengers can check in easily at the ticket check in counter at the airport.
- Unaccompanied minor, passengers with disability can check in at counter or desk at the airport.
British Airways check in time
- British Airways check in time varies for flights to and from various detinations.
- Moreover, passengers must check in for their fligt before the check in deadline ends.
- Check in time ends 20 mintes prior to the departure at London, 45 minutes for short haul flights at London & Heathrow.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I check-in before a BA flight?
You can check in 24 hours till 1 hour before the departure of your flight. Moreover, you can check in by online, mobile app, o at the airport.
Why can’t I check-in online on BA flight?
There might be some error in your booking or delay in flight time.
What happens if I don’t check-in before my flight?
You might get a denial for boarding from British Airways in case you don’t check in within check in time.
Can I pre-board on British Airways?
Yes, if you are an unaccompanied minor, traveling with an infant, or person with disabilty.