Lufthansa airline is the second-largest airline in connection with passenger carriers in Europe and was formerly owned by Germany. Due to instant plan change or any emergency arises you can cancel a flight ticket with Lufthansa airlines. This airline has created the flight cancellation policy to know about the terms and conditions regarding the change or cancellation of a flight range of international and domestic routes. So, in this blog, you can go through all the details regarding Lufthansa airlines’ Cancellation policy. As per the covid-19 restrictions, all the policies have been updated.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
In accordance with Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation policy, it allows you a smooth process to cancel the flight ticket and give compensation to the flyer.
- If you fail to board the airplane due to any cause your ticket will automatically be canceled according to the Lufthansa no-show policy.
- You can request cancellation on both restricted and non-restricted fares on international flights as well as domestic flights.
- If your flight is scheduled to depart at least 1 week from the date of request You can cancel your flight on the same day.
- If your flight ticket was bought by a travel agency you can cancel the flight by contacting the customer care center.
How can I cancel my Flight with Lufthansa Airlines?
The following are the methods by which you can cancel your bookings :
- First, you have to go to the airport.
- After that, you have to visit the Lufthansa air ticket counter.
- Then you have to request the Lufthansa representative to cancel your flight.
- Then passengers have to give the details such as booking code, passenger’s name, ticket number, arrival and departure time and date.
- If the executive is satisfied that your ticket fulfills the criteria, then the procedure of cancellation proceeds.
You can directly call the Lufthansa airline’s helpline number at any time throughout the day. Hence it’s the suitable and fastest option to cancel the flight.
Cancel your flight through the online portal of Lufthansa airlines
- Visit the official web portal of Lufthansa airlines , on the top right corner of the page click login and fill in all your credentials.
- Then scroll down the page you will see four options(check-in, flight status, my bookings, miles, and more)now you have to choose the ‘MY BOOKINGS’ option
- A drop-down list is opened and you have to fill in the booking code, first name, and the last name then click on the find bookings tab.
- Select the ticket you want to cancel, and press the ‘cancel’ option.
- Make the cancellation fee required.
- Then give confirmation command to cancel the booking
- In the end, you will get a confirmation mail and you will be qualified for a refund.
Lufthansa Airlines 24-hours cancellation Policy
This airline has a free cancellation policy in which you can cancel your flight within 24 hours of all kinds of tickets but the departure flight is after 7 days and you don’t need to pay any additional charges.
Lufthansa medical cancellation
As per the Lufthansa airlines cancellation policy, You can demand the immediate cancellation of a ticket due to death or injury to the passenger; only you need to show the death certificate or reports if required.
|REFUNDABLE TICKETS||A part of the fare has to be paid to cancel the Lufthansa airlines flight ticket.|
|NON-REFUNDABLE TICKETS||The full amount of the ticket has to be paid|
|AWARD TICKETS(purchased by miles, points)||USD 50|
|HOLD YOUR FARE(if you take no action within 48 hours)||USD 39|
Frequently asked questions
How can I request a ticket refund from Lufthansa airlines?
There are two cases:
If you cancel your flight ticket on the official website, a refund will be generated automatically. On the other hand, if you buy your ticket from a travel agency then you need to contact them and request a refund.
What happens if Lufthansa canceled my flight?
If Lufthansa airlines cancel your flight due to any reason, they provide you with a flight value voucher so that you can travel again within 3 years and if you no longer wish to use it you can have it refunded.
How to cancel a flight with Lufthansa at the time of flight delay?
You can visit the Lufthansa airline counter and make a request to cancel a flight in case of scheduled cancellation or delay of flight, if there is a significant delay for more than 3 hours you can reschedule a flight for free of cost within 7 days of original departure.
How much time will it take for Lufthansa to refund?
If you buy a ticket by cash or check it will take approx. 20days to refund in your account on the other hand if you buy a flight ticket by credit card cancellation refund will be within 7 working days.
How much does it cost to cancel the Lufthansa flight ticket?
Usually, the fee depends on the time of cancellation but in the case of award tickets USD 50, for normal tickets USD 39 but if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours there will be no fee.
Is Lufthansa economy flex ticket refundable?
Yes, Lufthansa economy flex tickets are refundable without any charge.