Flight cancellations are sometimes very expensive and confusing. Cathay Pacific Airlines understands that travel plans change. Hence, provides the most flexible options to cancel your flight ticket with ease. Cathay Pacific Airlines is the national passenger carrier of Hong Kong. Cathay Pacific cancellation policy offers the best services for passenger care and provides the best flying experience. Moreover, Passengers can easily cancel and get a refund for their Cathay flight booking.
Steps to Cancel Cathay Pacific Flights
You can cancel Cathay flights through various modes: online through the website, via phone, or by visiting the airport. Moreover, you can cancel your Cathay Pacific ticket online very easily by following these few steps:
- Visit the official website of Cathay Pacific Airlines at www.cathaypacific.com
- Go to “Manage” and retrieve “Manage Booking”.
- Sign in to manage all your bookings by filling country code, phone number, and password.
- Click on “sign-in” button.
- Select the Cathay Pacific trip you wish to cancel and click on ‘Cancel Booking’.
- Cathay Pacific will ask you to confirm if you want to cancel your booking.
- By clicking on ‘confirm’ your booking will be canceled.
- You will receive confirmation of ticket cancellation in your email.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation Fee
Cathay Pacific does not charge for flight tickets on cancellation within 24 hours of the original booking, Cathay Pacific cancellation fee will be charged after the completion of 24 hours of booking. Moreover, Cathay Pacific cancellation policy is passenger friendly and their fee is also pocket friendly for all their customers. Cathay Pacific Airways also offers an award ticket cancellation fee on canceling their flight ticket as per their policy.
- Cathay charges a fee of $150 for both unused or partially used tickets.
- Passengers can cancel their flight tickets without paying a cancellation fee on bookings with the economy class of Cathay Pacific.
- In the case of the non-refundable ticket, you need to pay $150 plus the difference in fare for Promotional, Economy Save, Premium Economy Standard, and Business Save ticket types.
- For partially used tickets you will receive a credit directly to your bank account or the original mode of payment.
- For cancellation of award tickets on Cathay Pacific, you can easily cancel the unused tickets for $120.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy
This is the best international Airline providing easy and straightforward services for flight tickets. If you wish to cancel your flight ticket with Cathy Pacific for any reason such as due to weather, due to illness, or the loss of some loved one. Then, you must know about all the terms and conditions of Cathay Pacific cancellation policy. You have to follow certain conditions for canceling your Cathay flight ticket as mentioned below:
- Once the flight tickets are used or laps, you cannot get a refund.
- You can cancel your flight ticket for free within the same day of booking.
- After 24 hours of flight booking,, you can cancel your tickets only if you pay the cancellation fee for the Cathay Pacific flight.
- If you have flight tickets that are 2 years old from the preset date, still you are eligible to get a refund.
- Passengers can get compensation if there is any delay in flight or cancellation due to weather or unforeseen conditions.
- You will get a refund only on the basis of your ticket booking, ticket fee, the destination of travel, and other such factors.
- In group travels on Cathay Airlines you can’t cancel bookings for one person rater you will have to cancel the entire group booking.
Cathay 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
This is the most passenger-friendly policy offered by Cathay Pacific for free cancellation within 24 hours of flight booking. Additionally, they understand that sometimes passengers face such unfortunate circumstances and have to cancel tier travel plans. Moreover, you will get a complete refund within this time period. However, in this way you can save yourself from the penalty for cancellation of Cathay Pacific flight tickets.
- You will receive the money back within 7 to 20 working days.
- Cancellation is for free within 24 hours of booking with Cathay Pacific.
- Passengers enjoy the benefit of a complete refund on cancellation.
- Tickets are easily canceled within 24 hours of hassle-free and without long waits.
Cathay Refund Policy
Cathay Airlines has provided the benefit of money back for its customers for easy money back. However, Cathay refund policy depends on many factors related to your ticket. Although, you can cancel your flight ticket online or by using various modes at your convenience.
Moreover, You can cancel your booking b visiting “Manage Booking” on the homepage of their official website ad then request for a refund. However, most refund gets processed to the original mode of payment within a limited time period.
- For payments made through cash and banking – 20 working days
- Other payment modes – 7 working days
- You can check the status of your refund online within 90 days of cancellation.
- Passengers can claim a refund for 2 years from the booking date.
- You will get a complete refund in the original mode of payment within 24 hours of ticket cancellation o Cathay Pacific Airlines.
How to get a refund on a Cathay Pacific flight?
If you didn’t get a refund from Cathay Airlines according to their refund policy you can simply contact them by phone and request your refund. Moreover, passengers can get a refund very simply as per the Cathay Pacific Cancellation policy. To do so follow the below-mentioned easy steps:
- Firstly, you have to cancel the flight so that you are no longer holding a seat on the plane.
- You can do so by following the steps to cancel flights or by calling Cathay Pacific Airlines or online using the flight check-in number ad passenger details.
- Press “Contact Us” on Cathay Pacific’s official website.
- Then, click on the “Rebook, Cancel or Refund Your Flight” option under “Manage Booking”.
- To have an easy cancellation and get refund hassle-free, you can contact us directly at +1-888-526-4112 for any assistance related to Cathay Pacific services.
- Finally, when you have connected with an airline support representative, request for the cancelation & refund to avail reimbursement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if a Cathay Pacific flight is canceled?
If the flight is canceled by the provider the passenger gets a compensation of €600 and of a substitute is provided to the passengers the compensation amount is decreased to nearly 50%. Even if the booking of a flight is delayed then also you will receive compensation.
What is the covid cancellation policy of Cathay Pacific?
The covid cancellation policy on Cathay Pacific flights is very simple. Passengers can cancel their flights and get a full refund during the Covid effect. Additionally, you will not need to pay any additional cancellation fee.
What is the Cathay Pacific cancellation fee?
There is a cancellation fee if you cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of booking. Moreover, Cathay Pacific charges a cancellation fee of $150 for both partially used and unused tickets plus $50 if you fail to reach the airport 2 hours before check-in.
How does Cathay Pacific 24 hours cancellation work?
Passengers are free to cancel their booking for free within 24 hours of ticket booking with Cathay Pacific Airlines regardless of ticket type.
What are the compensation charges for Cathay flight cancellation?
In case Cathay Pacific cancels your flight without prior notice they will pay you a compensation of €600 per passenger.
How to cancel a Cathay Pacific flight?
You can cancel our Cathay Pacific flight online through mode through the website, via offline mode through a phone call, or by visiting the airport of departure. Although, whichever way best fits you, you can follow that procedure.