Wanted information about United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy? You need not worry for young flyers when choosing United Airlines for their flights. United Airlines is one of the best and safest options for unaccompanied minors. They have the best policy laid down for safe travel for your minor children known as United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy also called United umnr policy and also provide easy booking and cancellation options in a few simple steps.
United Airlines offers many benefits such as easy traveling with pets, different boking classes, enriched with in-flight amenities, seat selection, and pocket-friendly United Airlines fees. All these policies are laid down by keeping in mind the covid-19 situation.
United Unaccompanied Minor Policy 2022
- As per United Airlines, a child between the age of 5-14 years is considered to be an unaccompanied minor.
- In case of interconnecting flights, unaccompanied minors are not allowed. Also, pet animals are not allowed to travel with them.
- The unaccompanied minor fee includes a seat, food, and pre-boarding service.
- Flight cancellation with United Airlines is also an easy and flexible option on United Airlines.
- Young adults between 15-17 years can travel alone on united airlines or united express and can take service of unaccompanied airlines.
- In United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy it is stated that children younger than 5 years can’t travel alone, not even with older unaccompanied minors.
- To book a ticket for unaccompanied minors, put 0 adults and the age of the child.
- United Airlines offers a $150 one-way Unaccompanied Minor Fee and this benefit is applicable to up to 2 children. Meanwhile, round trip costs double the charges.
- Complimentary food, priority boarding, and seat selection are available on United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor reservations.
- Unaccompanied Minors are allowed to travel on flights that do not have stops in between the travel journey.
- The children traveling alone are permitted to travel on non-stop flights only. United direct flights are permitted for unaccompanied minor travel.
- This service is optional for children between 15 to 17 years of age group.
- Unaccompanied Minor service on United Airlines begins at the time of check-in and continues till the unaccompanied minor is picked up by their parent or legal guardian.
Unaccompanied Minor Age
United is considered one of the safest airlines for minors to fly alone also, it is cheaper than the rest of the airlines. The minor age group is quite wide like any other but still has a few restrictions which are applied for both domestic and international flights:
- United does not allow children under the age of 5 to travel alone.
- Minor Children aged from 5 to 14 years can travel as Unaccompanied Minors.
- Children aged 15,16,17 are allowed to fly alone.
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service Detail:
Prepare your children according to United UMNR policy rules for the trip by preparing a checklist:
- Write down a phone number for your child in case we need to contact you or another adult.
- Talk to your child about what they’re gonna experience at the airport.
- Pack some books or games that keep your child entertained throughout the flight
- Make sure you tell your child that a united Airlines representative will be there in case of any help.
- Unaccompanied minors cannot check in via mobile/online for their United Airlines flight booking.
- A parent or legal guardian should accompany the minor to the check-in counter.
- A parent or legal guardian must meet the representative at the check-in counter, as Unaccompanied Minor online check-in is not allowed on United Airlines Flights.
- United airline representative will verify the contact information of the person who will drop the child at the airport and also who will be there to pick up the child.
- Children will be given a wristband and special tags so that a united representative will identify as a child traveling alone/ unaccompanied minor.
- Children will be given a special envelope, where they can keep their documents handy like boarding passes, minor forms, passports, etc.
- You will get a special United Airlines customer representative phone number in case you want to contact them after your child’s trip started.
- The cabin crew will make sure that your child is comfortable and they look after him on United flights.
- If your child is on medication, let the representative know about it beforehand.
The United Umnr policy states that Unaccompanied minors are not allowed to make seat selections prior to check-in on United Airlines. Before 48 hours of the scheduled departure of the flight, the seats are allotted on United Air for unaccompanied minors. To travel on UAI as an unaccompanied minor the age of children should be between 5 to 14 years of age.
At the Arrival Airport
- Arrive at the airport 45 mins before the scheduled time.
- For domestic United Airline or some international flights that immigration and customs clearance:
- Get a gate pass from the ticket counter.
- Show ID at the airport.
- Processed through security to meet your child.
- Access the arrival gate and flight information from a mobile app.
- For international flights that require immigration and custom clearance
- Arrive at the scheduled arrival time.
- Wait outside the customs area.
- Show ID at the airport
- Meet your child after he/she passes through customs.
How to Book Unaccompanied Minor Service With United Airlines?
You can book in two ways:
- Via phone
- Via online on their official website
- Visit the official website of United Airlines.
- Click on the advance search option
- Change the number of adults from 1 to 0
- Select the number of children by their age range.
- Follow on-screen prompts and pay the reservation amount.
Call +1-888-526-4112 to make a reservation for your adored minor child on a United Airlines flight. If your child is travelling alone, the customer service professional will assist you in booking your ticket by filling out the necessary paperwork. Prior to making the final reservation, double-check that the names are spelled correctly.
Unaccompanied Minor Fee
United is the only airline that allows two younger siblings to travel together on a ticket for $150 USD one way. For both international and domestic flights, the pricing structure for United unaccompanied kids is per child pair, not per child. Furthermore, this fee includes the additional services offered by United flight attendants and airport staff. The Unaccompanied Minor cost can be paid when making the reservation, later before departure, or at the airport when checking in.
Cost of unaccompanied minors if traveling through United Airline are:
|Number of unaccompanied minors||One-way service fee||Roundtrip service fee|
|1||USD 150||USD 300|
|5||USD 450||USD 900|
|6||USD 450||USD 900|
NOTE: Two minor children can travel at a fee for one minor child. The cost of a roundtrip will double.
How To Drop Off An Unaccompanied Minor At The Airport For United Airlines Flight?
Keep Plenty Of Time
You must arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to the flight departure as in reaching at the airport and getting inside takes 30 minutes extra with various factors such as car parking at the airport, checking in at the counters for your United Flights, documents verification, getting the wristbands for unaccompanied minors, security checking.
On International Flights
Accoring to United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy n International flights, you are not permitted to leave your child at the gate for the flight. Parents are permitted to go to the check-in counter at the airport. Then, the United Airlines Customer Care executive will accompany your child through security and the customer gate. Parents are required to submit the notarized letter with this information such as:
- Parent’s names
- Child’s Name
- Travel Dates
- Name of anyone traveling with the child
- Notarized signature of the absent parent (s)
United Airlines takes complete responsibility for your unaccompanied minor with all his food amenities, and entertainment on screen. One flight attendant will keep tabs on your child during the entire flight. So there is no need to worry for your unaccompanied minor of age 5 to 14 to fly alone on United Airlines.
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Phone Number
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor customer service helps with booking, flight changes, and cancellations quickly and easily. Call 1-888-526-4112 for assistance with the most flexible and pleasant United Air Unaccompanied Minor services.
Frequently Asked Question
Which seat will be provided to unaccompanied minors by United Airlines?
United Air lines will make an appropriate selection of seats for your child, to make your child get the best attention. You will get to know the assigned seat within 48 hrs. before departure and check the status online.
Which things to keep in mind before booking a ticket for unaccompanied minors?
- While booking a ticket, mention the detail and contact information of the person who is drooping and picking up your child.
- If booking online, service charges will be added to the price of the ticket. and in case of booking is done by phone, service charges will be paid while you pay for the ticket or at the time of check-in.
- The child below the age of 15 years has to check in to the united Airlines representative, the child cannot check-in through a mobile app or online.
What are the ticketing fees charged on different modes by United Airlines?
In the united states and Canada:
- By phone: USD 25
- City ticket office: USD 30
- In-person at the airport: USD 50
Outside the united states and Canada
- May vary depending on MileagePlus.
The ticketing fee is non-refundable.
What documents are required at check-in the adult under united airlines unaccompanied minors policy?
- Photo ID (license, passport, etc)
- Contact number and address
- Contact details and address details of the person who will be arriving at the airport to pick up the child
How early is it required to be at the airport as per American airlines unaccompanied minor policy?
It is suggested to approx. 30 min to arrive at the airport early. You should always come before the time to fulfill through security and get the escort pass. And flights can arrive early as well.
Can unaccompanied minors travel on international flights by taking united airlines?
Yes, under United Airline’s unaccompanied minor, you can travel on international flights but you are required to have some additional documents. Like the parent’s name, child name, destination, travel date, notarized signature of the absent parent, and summary for the reason to travel alone.
What Are The Documents Required For Unaccompanied Minor Travel With Lufthansa Airlines?
- Photo ID
- Contact Information (Phone Number, Address, and Email address)
- Name, and information of the adult meeting at the destination airport.