Not everyone wants to spend their pocket money on flight tickets. Some people travel on their budget. United Airlines takes care of your needs. So, they introduced united Airlines basic economy fares in November 2016. By reading the full article you will get all the details related to united airlines basic economy.
What is Basic Economy?
United Airlines is a fare category named Basic economy. These are for selected routes. The basic economy has been created by taking into consideration people who are price-sensitive and who travel on a budget.
Basic economy fares provide the same inflight service like food and beverage, WIFI, and inflight entertainment. But basic economy comes with certain restrictions that you should consider while booking a ticket.
How to Book Basic Economy Ticket?
There are various methods to book tickets with united Airlines basic economy
Method: Book Ticket via the Official Website
- Visit united.com
- Under the menu, click on “book flight”
- Fill out the necessary information related to flight booking.
- Under trip, selection chooses the option you want to avail like flight only, flight+hotel.
- Select the show price in the option, either in money or in miles
- Choose whether you want to travel Roundtrip, one-way, multi-city.
- Select the departure and arrival city or airport. The number of adults to travel. Date of travel and outbound and return time.
- Choose the type of cabin from the options
- Choose “lowest available fare”
- Under fare class, fill Basic Economy.
- Click on find flights
- Choose the flights as per your convenience and availability
- Click continue
- You will redirect to the payment page
- Pay the price of the ticket and your Basic Economy flight is booked with the united airline
Method 2: via Phone Call
If you don’t find it convenient to book a flight via the official website, you can directly call the customer care representative.
Give him the necessary information he asked for. And mention you want to book fare type as “Basic Economy”. You will get a payment link on your email id. Click on the link to make payment and the flight ticket is booked.
Method 3: via Travel Agency
You can book basic economy fare tickets with United airlines through a travel agency. Give them all the necessary information and they will fill in the necessary information and book your ticket.
What Is the Cost of the United Airlines Basic Economy?
The overall cost of “Basic Economy” fare is cheaper by $20- $50 each way compared to other fare options like United Airlines economy. The price usually starts from $81 for a Basic Economy fare.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Can you select a seat under United Airlines basic economy?
Yes, but if you want to select a seat in advance; you have to pay a certain amount to book the seat, Otherwise you will be assigned automatically by the airline free of cost.
2. Can you change flights under the basic economy of united airlines?
No, changes in flight are not allowed with basic economy. These include advance and same-day changes
3. Can you cancel a refund in the basic economy?
Refunds are not usually allowed except if you are canceling the flights within 24 hours of booking.
4. What are the baggage restrictions for United Airlines basic economy?
Under the baggage category, you get a personal item for free, and if you are traveling to Europe pay $30 each way for a checked bag. You are not allowed to carry a full-size carry bag on board.
5. Will you earn United MileagePlus miles under the basic economy of United airlines?
Yes, you will earn MileagePlus miles under basic economy.
6. What routes have united economy basic fares?
Right now, the united basic economy follows these routes i.e
- The U.S domestic flights
- Mexico and Central America
- The Caribbean
There is no basic economy offering to Asia, Australia, and South America.